Statewide Transit and Transportation Demand Management Plan Update
DRPT has updated the Commonwealth’s Statewide Transit and Transportation Demand Management Plan (Transit/TDM Plan). This plan provides guidance and direction for transit and TDM development by addressing:
- Existing public transportation conditions in the Commonwealth
- Guidelines for transit and TDM levels of service that recognize the broad range of area-types within which transit and TDM services must be provided
- A blueprint for addressing needs for the future, with a focus on supporting the Commonwealth’s key investment priorities within a changing population dynamic, and on ensuring the transit systems achieve and maintain a “state of good repair”
- Recommendations to the Surface Transportation Plan
- Guidance on fiscal requirements and strategies to maximize Virginia’s investment in public transportation
The Transit/TDM Plan update supports the VTrans 2035 update that was completed in February 2013.
Three rounds of stakeholder meetings were conducted as an important part of the planning process. The presentations from each of the stakeholder meetings are available by clicking this link: Stakeholder Outreach Process. The draft final plan was completed in 2013 and available below.