Transit Service Delivery Advisory Committee
- During the 2013 General Assembly Session, the Transit Service Delivery Advisory Committee (TSDAC) was established by SB1140 to advise DRPT in the development of a distribution process for transit capital and operating funds. The committee consists of representatives from the Virginia Transit Association (VTA), Community Transportation Association of Virginia (CTAV), Virginia Municipal League (VML), Virginia Association of Counties (VACO), and DRPT. For more information click here.
Dulles Corridor Metrorail
- The purpose of the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project is to provide high-quality, high-capacity transit service in the Dulles Corridor. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) in cooperation with DRPT, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), Fairfax County, and Loudoun County is working to construct a 23.1-mile extension of Metrorail in the rapidly growing Dulles Corridor in Fairfax and Loudoun counties, Virginia. Phase 1 was completed in Summer of 2014, with the Silver Line providing rail service connecting downtown Washington with Tysons Corner and Reston. The project is now entering the second and final phase, extending the Silver Line into Reston Town Center, Herndon, Washington Dulles International Airport, Route 606, and Ashburn. For questions or additional information regarding this Project, please contact the project office at (703) 572-0500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project website at dullesmetro.com, or visit the MWAA website at mwaa.com.
- The GRTC Pulse launched on June 24, 2018, and serves a 7.6-mile route along Broad Street and Main Street, from Rocketts Landing in the City of Richmond to Willow Lawn in Henrico County. There are 14 stations and over three miles of dedicated travel lanes. With DRPT's support and encouragement, GRTC submitted a request for federal funding to advance the project. In September 2014, GTRC was awarded a $24.9 million federal TIGER grant towards construction of Richmond's bus rapid transit system.
- For more on the project, click here.
- Have questions on GRTC Pulse? See Frequently Asked Questions.
- You can find up-to-date information on the GRTC Pulse here.